Thursdays at EMCI are Officially "Bodacious"!
Every Thursday, the Bodacious Eats food truck sets up in the vacant lot just west of EMCI, serving excellent hot sandwiches and burgers from 11:30 am to 1:30 pm. Their delicious food is a welcome addition to Vista Commercial Center, providing convenient take out dining for EMCI employees, clients and the entire park. Their menu changes from week to week, but you can always count on great food and friendly service.
A Trusted Leader Since 1994
Centrally located between Denver, Boulder and Ft. Collins, EMC Integrity, Inc. has been providing quality testing, EMC system design and mitigation services since 1994. In 2006, EMCI relocated to a new state-of-the-art, custom facility where we are able to offer full-compliance emissions and immunity test services under one roof. Choose EMC Integrity, Inc. for all your emissions and immunity testing needs. We offer:
- A Cost-Effective Solution. Our two fully-accredited 10-meter chambers provide fast, accurate emissions testing, as well as an excellent environment for trouble-shooting emission problems.
- Advanced Testing Equipment. Our complete and accredited emissions and immunity lab performs all the necessary testing required for FCC, IC, CE, C-tick, VCCI, BSMI, MSIP, and MIC.
- World-Wide Access. As a Nemko partner lab, EMCI can help clients obtain legitimate and legal product certification for nearly any country in the world.
- Industry Know-How. The EMCI MIL-STD/Aerospace lab has been independently audited by several major corporations and is approved to test components which have been used in C-17 aircraft, the space shuttle, the international space station, and more.
- Leading-Edge Expertise. We focus on solving problems by helping clients find complete, effective and manufacturable solutions they can count on.
- A Convenient Location. Our lab is based in Longmont, Colorado on the eastern slope of the Rocky Mountains. It's easily accessible to all of our clients, including those flying into Denver International Airport (DIA).
Please call us at 1-888-423-6275 to arrange a tour of our facility and meet our staff. We look forward to working with you.
EN 61326-1: 2013 Harmonized
After seven years, the harmonized standard for test, measurement and laboratory equipment has been updated. The new version is EN 61326-1: 2013. Many people who qualify their products under the generic standards aren't even aware of the existence of this standard, but EN 61326-1 is the product family standard for electrical equipment for measurement, control and laboratory use. In other words, this standard defines the EMC emissions and immunity requirements for compliance with these product types for shipment into the European Union (EU). Now that the 2013 version has been harmonized (i.e., published in the Official Journal of the EU), it will become mandatory on November 6th of 2015. The implication is that on that date, data, DoCs, etc. referencing the 2006 version will no longer be valid.
Recall that the hierarchy for EU standards is product specific, then product family and then generic. If a product specific standard exists for your product, you should test to it. If not, you should qualify your product by testing to a product family standard. If neither product specific nor product family standards exist for your product, you should qualify your product by testing to the generic standards.
For emission requirements, EN 61326-1 simply references CISPR 11/EN 55011 (the product family emissions standard for industrial, scientific and medical equipment). However, for immunity, it defines three different types of environments: basic, industrial and controlled electromagnetic. In addition, Annex A defines a limited subset of immunity requirements for portable test and measurement equipment which is battery powered. (An example of a product type covered under Annex A would be a battery-powered digital multi-meter.)
To view a white paper which summarizes the changes in this document, click here.